Indianapolis and other cities across the U.S. have recently been rocked by street demonstrations protesting systemic racism. WFYI’s Terrie Dee and the Indianapolis Recorder’s Oseye Boyd were joined by community leaders to discuss what sparked the protests and possible solutions to those deeply rooted problems. Representatives from the black community discussed racial inequalities, disparities in healthcare and what the community can do to help move the conversation forward. Watch Where Do We Go From Here? A Community Conversation here.
On the panel:
- Jeffrey A. Johnson Sr., Senior Pastor, Eastern Star Church
- Darryl Lockett, Executive Director, Kennedy King Memorial Initiative
- Tony Mason, CEO, Indianapolis Urban League
- Vop Osili, President, Indianapolis City-County Council
- Pamela Ross, Vice President of Opportunity, Equity and Inclusion, Central Indiana Community Foundation
- State Rep. Robin Shackleford, Chair, Indiana Black Legislative Caucus